Time： 2023-04-14 08:36:22
Author： Guangdong Hwashi Technology Inc.
What protective measures should be taken when using copper rod butt welding machines.
1. Welding operators and coordinators must wear labor protection equipment according to regulations. Safety measures must be taken to prevent accidents such as electric shock and fire.
2. The welding machine should be placed indoors and reliably grounded or grounded to zero. The length of the welding wire should not exceed 30m. When it is necessary to extend the wire, the wire cross-section should be increased accordingly. When multiple welding machines are installed side by side, their spacing should not be less than 3m, and they should be connected to different phases of the power grid, and there should be their own knife switches.
3. Flammable and explosive materials such as oil, wood, Oxygen tank and acetylene generator shall not be stacked within 10m of the welding site.
4. Before operation, check and confirm that the pressure mechanism of the welding machine is flexible, the fixture is firm, and there are no leaks in the pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Welding can only be carried out after everything is normal.
5. Before welding, the secondary voltage should be adjusted according to the cross-section of the welded copper rod, and copper rods with a diameter exceeding the specified diameter of the welding machine should not be welded.
6. The contacts and electrodes of the circuit breaker should be regularly polished, and all connecting bolts of the secondary circuit should be regularly tightened. The cooling water temperature should not exceed 40 ℃, and the displacement should be adjusted according to the temperature.
7. When welding long copper rods, support brackets should be erected to cooperate with operators handling steel bars. During welding, attention should be paid to preventing sparks from being burned.
8. Flame retardant baffles should be installed in the flashing area, and other personnel are not allowed to enter during welding.
9. During winter welding, the indoor temperature should not be lower than 8oC. After the operation is completed, the cooling water inside the machine should be drained.
Butt welding machines are mainly used for the end face docking of metal parts. More time-saving, labor-saving, and power-saving.